[Samba] Trust relationship error between workstation and primary domain

Rowland penny rpenny at samba.org
Thu Jun 6 19:29:43 UTC 2019

On 06/06/2019 20:12, Dania Ramirez Moya via samba wrote:
> I have SambaDC, version 4.1.7, with Debian 7.5

Can I suggest that you start upgrading everything, Debian 7 (Wheezy) is EOL

Debian 8 (Jessie) is really EOL

Before long Debian 9 (stretch) will be replaced with Buster

Samba 4.1.7 is more than EOL

Before long Windows 7 will be EOL

There have been numerous improvements in Samba since 4.1.7

Can I suggest you upgrade to Debian 9 (stretch) and then once everything
is working okay, use Louis's repo (found here: http://apt.van-belle.nl/)

Main problem is your old versions, you will probably have to upgrade
Wheezy to Jessie and then to Stretch. this will get you to Samba 4.5.16
(which is still EOL as far as Samba is concerned), you should then
upgrade to 4.7.x using Louis's packages, then to 4.8.x, finally to
4.10.x, do not upgrade directly, there is a possible bug that may hit
you if you do.

Once you have upgraded and everything is working correctly, can I
suggest you upgrade things on a regular basis.

Rowland