[Samba] DNS records missing for new DC joined to domain

Julien TEHERY julien.tehery at openevents.fr
Tue Jun 4 07:29:44 UTC 2019

Le 04/06/2019 à 08:57, Julien TEHERY via samba a écrit :
> Hi,
>

> My Setup is 3 DCs at the main site, et 14 remote DCs on 7 remote sites
> (2 DCs per site).
> I actually joined a new DC to my domain to an existing site in which i
> allready had a DC.
> But the fact is that i find no DNS records (such as _ldap, _kerberos,
> _gc , etc)
>
> I don't know whats's going wrong with it because i joined it the same
> way i joined the 16 other DCs..
> Is there a way to force to create those DNS records ?
>
> Environment:
> Ubuntu18
> Samba 4.7.6

Hi just four your information, i found the solution.
I ran a dbcheck on the first DC of the remote site inwhich i joined the
new DC, fixed two errors and then DNS replication worked.
Before that I was able to see that when runnning host -t SRV
_ldap._tcp.mydomain.lan, i had 17 recors on the new DC (last joined) and
only 16 records on the other ones. That's why i ran the dbcheck, and
everything went fine :)