[Samba] official package lists: the future

Andrew Bartlett abartlet at samba.org
Tue Jun 4 03:00:22 UTC 2019

On Mon, 2019-06-03 at 23:10 +0000, Billy Bob via samba wrote:
> In the meanwhile, Andrew, I've noticed something that looks odd in
> the "verified" list. Namely, that for Ubuntu 18.04 the list includes:
> libgpgme11-dev. Can this be correct and not causing any issue in the
> CI system? I am (fairly) certain that the package does not exist in
> Ubuntu 18.04, and was replaced there by libgpgme-dev, which is said
> to "break" libgpgme11-dev. Perhaps this should be looked at by
> someone better equipped than myself to know?

Looks like it is an alias (essentially):

abartlet at abartlet-lp:~$ sudo apt-get install libgpgme11-dev
Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree
Reading state information... Done
Note, selecting 'libgpgme-dev' instead of 'libgpgme11-dev'
  libgpgme-dev
0 upgraded, 1 newly installed, 0 to remove and 55 not upgraded.

We could either leave this as-is or add an exception for Ubuntu 16.04
as this is the platform that needs the libgpgme11-dev name.

https://packages.ubuntu.com/xenial/libgpgme11-dev

Merge requests welcome!

Andrew Bartlett