[Samba] Difficulty with samba after updating from 3.6.6 to 4.9.0.0

McGraw, Charles charles.mcgraw at medavie.bluecross.ca
Mon Jun 3 18:26:47 UTC 2019

Server - HPUX 11.31
Clients - WIN7 WIN10

After upgrading my versions to 4.9.0.0 I've noticed that we're unable to connect to our AD joined SMB HP-UX Server any longer.

Could someone tell me where to begin digging in release notes between 3.6.6-4.9.0.0  to find out what changed in the smb.conf file that would be causing our problems?

Here's a somewhat similar .conf output

global]
        workgroup = BCACD001
        realm = BCACD001.ATL.BLUECROSS.CA
        server string = SERVER
        security = ADS
        update encrypted = Yes
        password server = DomainController01
        smb passwd file = /etc/opt/samba/private/smbpasswd
        passwd program = /usr/bin/passwd %u
        log level = 3
        log file = /var/adm/samba/samba-log.%m
        add user script = /opt/samba/bin/smbpasswd -%S -a -e -n
        logon path = \\%L\profiles\.msprofile
        logon drive = H:
        logon home = \\%L\%U\.9xprofile
        os level = 33
        domain master = No
        lock directory = /etc/opt/samba/lock
        idmap uid = 10000-20000
        idmap gid = 10000-20000
        winbind separator = /
        directory security mask = 0700
        force directory security mode = 0700
        unix ignore mask = No
        print command = lp -c -d%p %s

I'm fairly new to the organization and just helped a colleague with his updates for HPUX and are running into this.

Charles McGraw
Systems Administrator  |  Medavie Blue Cross
506.867.5331  |  Charles.McGraw at medavie.bluecross.ca<mailto:Charles.McGraw at medavie.bluecross.ca>
Proud to be one of Canada's top employers!
LinkedIn<https://www.linkedin.com/company-beta/16960/> | Twitter(E)<https://twitter.com/MedavieBC> | Twitter(F)<https://twitter.com/CBMedavie> | Facebook<https://www.facebook.com/MedavieBlueCross/>

This communication, including any attached documentation, is intended only for the person or entity to which it is addressed, and may contain confidential, personal, and/or privileged information. Any unauthorized disclosure, copying, or taking action on the contents is strictly prohibited. If you have received this message in error, please contact us immediately so we may correct our records. Please then delete or destroy the original transmission and any subsequent reply. Thank you.

La présente communication, y compris toute pièce qui y a été jointe, est destinée uniquement à la personne ou à l’entité à laquelle elle a été adressée, et contient des renseignements à caractère confidentiel et personnel. Toute diffusion ou reproduction non autorisée ou toute intervention entreprise relativement à son contenu est strictement interdite. Si vous avez reçu ce message par erreur, veuillez nous le signaler immédiatement afin que nous puissions effectuer la correction à nos dossiers. Veuillez par la suite supprimer ou détruire le contenu de la transmission originale ainsi que toute réponse ultérieure. Merci.