[Samba] User has no RSOP data ?

Rowland penny rpenny at samba.org
Mon Jun 3 10:48:49 UTC 2019

On 03/06/2019 11:29, Stefan G. Weichinger via samba wrote:
> Am 03.06.19 um 12:08 schrieb Rowland penny via samba:

>>> 2nd thought: that doesn't explain RSAT failing, right?
>>>
>>> The windows-server uses the correct 2 DC-IPs as DNS.
>>>

>> I do not think this a Samba problem (but you will probably prove me
>> wrong), I suspect a mis-configuration on the new PC
>>
>> What is the new PC ?
> The RSAT-issue happens on another machine running MS Windows Server 2008R2.
>
> If I enter the domain there within "Change Domain ..." I get some error
> mentioning wrong user/pw. Although I am correctly logged in as
> DOMAIN\Administrator.
>
> I checked for the SRV-records, to me they look ok ..

I read a few more of the results that the google search 'user has no
rsop data' returned. It seems it is something that happens fairly often,
for various reasons, from dns, through 'user not logged in', to
'netlogon server' not running or set to manual, so I repeat, I do not
think this is a Samba problem. Your RSAT problem could be tied into your
main problem or it could be a totally separate problem, but you will not
know until you sort the main problem ;-)

Rowland