[Samba] How to fix mapping Administrator to root

adam_xu at adagene.com.cn adam_xu at adagene.com.cn
Mon Jun 3 09:09:17 UTC 2019

Hi sambalist,

 I'm using samba ad dc for about 2 years. I have 2 DCs and One file server. I didn't map the Administrator to root because the wiki said:

"Mapping the domain administrator to the local root account is optional. Only configure the mapping if the domain administrator must be able to execute file operations on the domain member using root permissions. You should be aware that mapping Administrator to the root account will not allow you to log onto Unix domain members as Administrator."

so I give the Administrator user a uidNumber and it seem like a unix user. I can get the user info via "getent passwd administrator"

It seems that everything works fine these years. but I saw some suggestions in the maillist said we "should not give Administrator a uidNumber".
 So Is there any disvantage if I give a uidNumber to Administrator? and How could I fix that if I already did that? I tries to set the uidNumber to none. but it didn;t make sense. I still got user info like
getent passwd administrator
administrator:*:10000:10001:....

Best,

yours Adam