[Samba] Build error while compiling 4.9.8 when using gcc 4.8.5

Nico Kadel-Garcia nkadel at gmail.com
Sun Jun 2 11:26:18 UTC 2019

On Sun, Jun 2, 2019 at 6:02 AM Alex Braunegg via samba
<samba at lists.samba.org> wrote:

> Hi all,
>

> In attempting to build Samba 4.9.8 on CentOS 6 using mock, but using Kernel
> 4.19.46 as a base, Samba failed to compile spitting out the following error:

Friend, I urge you to get off of CentOS 6 for domain controllers.
Trying to keep current versions of Samba backported that far is just
not going to be your friend. I had to give up on that years ago. RHEL
7 and CentOS 7 work fine from my testing, if you do the extra work
I've taken the liberty of publishing over at
https://github.com/nkadel/samba4repo/