[Samba] smbclient -L returns NT_STATUS_REVISION_MISMATCH

Yvan Masson yvan at masson-informatique.fr
Sat Jun 1 08:57:00 UTC 2019

I checked, SMB1 is enabled on the Windows 10 server.

I do not understand why, but on the Windows 10 server I had to go in
"Network Sharing -> Advanced Sharing settings -> All Networks" to tick
"Turn off password protected sharing".

Even with errors, it seems to work as intended now:

$ smbclient -L 192.168.122.200
Unable to initialize messaging context
Enter WORKGROUP\yvan's password:

	Sharename       Type      Comment
	---------       ----      -------
	ADMIN$          Disk      Administration à distance
	C$              Disk      Partage par défaut
	IPC$            IPC       IPC distant
	Share           Disk
	Users           Disk
Reconnecting with SMB1 for workgroup listing.
do_connect: Connection to 192.168.122.200 failed (Error
NT_STATUS_RESOURCE_NAME_NOT_FOUND)
Failed to connect with SMB1 -- no workgroup available

I have exactly the same error when I use "-m SMB3" option.

Thanks,
Yvan