[Samba] GPO issues - getting SYSVOL cleaned up again

L.P.H. van Belle belle at bazuin.nl
Wed Jul 31 09:51:22 UTC 2019

Hai, yes i remember.

Run : nslookup dc

If this one removed, then its a hunt for the dc record in the AD and DNS.
Review with Windows tools, the Active Directory Sites and Services
If there is nothing left there.

Then, next,  User/computer manager, check if DC exists somewhere.
Next, check in DNS tool if DC exists in
Zone primary.dnsdomain.tld  ( and its reverse zone. )
And Zone _msdcs.primary.dnsdomain.tld

> So to me it seems obvious to get rid of that "dc.mydomain.at" ... at
> least as a next step.
>
> Right?
Yes,

> sorry for going loops here, I thought I was rid of that for
> months already.

No problem, your almost there. Ones its all ok, then you can relax again.  ;-)

Greetz,

Louis