[Samba] winbind and locking accounts?

Joachim Lindenberg samba at lindenberg.one
Tue Jul 30 18:03:42 UTC 2019

If you require sufficient entropy for passwords, then locking users on failed attempts is actually a bad idea, because it is trivial to lock user´s accounts (a denial of service), whereas it is almost impossible to actually guess the right one. Locking accounts is only a good idea if the secrets are small, like the pin of a credit card.
Regards, Joachim