[Samba] Error Removing Samba Server from Domain

Tim Beale timbeale at catalyst.net.nz
Mon Jul 29 22:15:04 UTC 2019

I think this relates to the previous problem you posted about
replication not working (which is probably due to the
WERR_DS_DRA_SCHEMA_MISMATCH error you're hitting).

I think the demote command is trying to replicate out to another DC one
last time, so that you don't lose any local modifications to the local
DC's database. This is failing.

Try using the --remove-other-dead-server option instead, e.g.

samba-tool domain demote -UAdministrator
--remove-other-dead-server=<your-samba-dc>