[Samba] split horizon and authoritative answers..?

Joachim Lindenberg samba at lindenberg.one
Mon Jul 29 21:29:24 UTC 2019

All AD domains are subdomains to the external domain. But that doesn´t help to address the issue that the IPs are different externally/internally (and I need IPv4) - or what am I overlooking? Or do you suggest to have a DNS server on the external port 53 that just answers with "here am I" to any request? Internet providers don´t really like port 53 open...
It does work with bind, so why Windows 2016? Are you referring to the AD level or to the specific implementation?
Thanks, Joachim