[Samba] RPM e problems with the discard of python2 for Samba 4.11 and its libraries

L.P.H. van Belle belle at bazuin.nl
Mon Jul 29 07:06:41 UTC 2019

Hai,

Do note, that if you building packages and installing these, you missing a few depends.
Wait for 4.11rc2 then try this again.
Im hitted a build problem also on 4.11rc1 on debian and im waiting for the updated depends packages for 4.11rc2.

Now, i dont do RH/Centos, but when i look at these site.
https://developers.redhat.com/blog/2018/08/13/install-python3-rhel/

https://www.cyberciti.biz/faq/rhel-8-install-python-3-or-python-2-using-yum/

But when i look at the setup of python3 but i understand you worries, i wont be happy with it also.
Maybe switch to Debian/Ubuntu?

Greetz,

Louis