[Samba] How to validate samba's DNS Server

Robert A Wooldridge bob.wooldridge at edm-inc.com
Thu Jul 25 20:57:58 UTC 2019

On 07/25/2019 03:48 PM, Rowland penny via samba wrote:
> Yes, you just need to know the 'magic' incantations ;-)
>
> Try this on a Samba DC:
>
> ldbsearch --cross-ncs --show-binary -H /var/lib/samba/private/sam.ldb
> -b 'DC=samdom,DC=example,DC=com' -s sub '(objectClass=dnsNode)'  >
> result.txt
>
> All on one line and change to match your dns domain etc.
Ok, so is there anything to look for that might indicate that my DC does
not have the right thing in it to respond to a samba-tool serverinfo query?

Or let's ask this: How important is it that my DC which has transferred
all 7 rolls to it errors out when I do a samba-tool dns serverinfo command?

--
Bob Wooldridge
EDM Incorporated