[Samba] messy replication

Adam Weremczuk adamw at matrixscience.com
Tue Jul 23 15:00:54 UTC 2019

On 22/07/19 13:01, Rowland penny via samba wrote:

> You could try restarting Samba, this should recreate any caches, but I
> think you will need to remove DC2. There are two ways of doing this,
> manually with ldbdel etc or starting climbing the Samba versions until
> you get to a point that you can backup everything and be able to run
> the demote with '--remove-other-dead-server'
>
> Rowland

My restore has been successful and I'm back to square one - a clean
single DC not trying to replicate anywhere.
The only place I can still see DC2 being referred to in Active Directory
Users and Computers -> Domain Controllers.
When I try to delete it from the list I'm presented with attached prompt.
Is it safe to proceed and try using Windows AD tools to complete the
cleanup?