[Samba] Problems after upgrade Samba 4

Rowland penny rpenny at samba.org
Tue Jul 23 13:56:26 UTC 2019

On 23/07/2019 14:41, Marcio Demetrio Bacci via samba wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I upgraded my Samba 4.5.16 installed (by apt-get) on Debian 9.9 to Samba
> 4.10 through the Van Belle repository (apt.van-belle.nl).
>
> apt-get install -t stretch-samba410 samba attr winbind libpam-winbind
> libnss-winbind libpam-krb5 krb5-config krb5-user bind9 ctdb ldb-tools
> smbldap-tools ufw glusterfs-common libcephfs1
>
> The packages "bind9 ctdb ldb-tools smbldap-tools ufw glusterfs-common
> libcephfs1" were suggesteds by apt-get command itself.

Why did you install the 'recommended' packages ????

You seem to using the internal dns server

You cannot run ctdb on a Samba AD DC

smbldap-tools is for an NT4-style PDC

ufw is a firewall

glusterfs-common & libcephsfs1 are for clusters

in fact, the only one you 'might' need is ldb-tools

Now we come to your fix, Bind9 is running on port 53 and blocking your
DCs internal dns server.

Rowland