[Samba] replication stuck?

Rowland penny rpenny at samba.org
Tue Jul 23 09:10:07 UTC 2019

On 23/07/2019 10:00, Stefan G. Weichinger via samba wrote:

>>> He is hitting the "renamed" pc bug.
> see!? ;-)
See what ?

>>> I mailed it privatly to test the check4named.sh script.
>> I gave up on that script, there is absolutely no way to tell where the
>> rename was done.
> ah, ok ...

OK, here is the problem, if you rename a PC on Windows, everything gets
changed except for the DN, cn, name and distinguishedName attributes,
but on Linux, if you use ldbrename, exactly the opposite happens.

Myself and Louis discovered this whilst trying to write a script to fix
the problem, we could not understand why we got different results, he
would rename a PC and the script would then rename it back again ;-)

Rowland