[Samba] getent passwd shows old name for renamed user

Łukasz Michalski lm at zork.pl
Thu Jul 18 20:13:22 UTC 2019

W dniu 2019-07-18 o 21:39, Łukasz Michalski via samba pisze:
> W dniu 2019-07-18 o 21:22, Rowland penny via samba pisze:
>
>> On 18/07/2019 20:20, Łukasz Michalski via samba wrote:
>>> W dniu 2019-07-18 o 18:46, Rowland penny via samba pisze:
>>>
>>> I changed uid, sAMAccountName, msFU30Name from 'foo' to 'bar' using
>>> ADUC attribute editor. Now I have 'bar' instead of 'foo' in LDAP
>>> attributes. I double checked that attribues changed witch ldbsearch
>>> on Samba AD.
>>>
>>> But getent passwd still shows 'foo' on first machine.
>>>
>>> Regards,
>>> Łukasz
>>>

>> Try running 'net cache flush'
>>
>> Rowland
>>
> Still nothing. I also restarted samba on AD machine and winbind on
> first machine (member)
> There was a pause when running getent passwd but 'foo' is still returned.

Ok, found it.

I did lsof on winbind and found 'foo' entry in
/var/cache/samba/netsamlogon_cache.tdb with tdbtool.

Next I do:

net cache samlogon list
net cache samlogon delete <SID>

Now getent passwd returns new name.

The difference between two unix members was I connected to share o the
first one (where the problem was) and did not connect on second node, so
there was no old name in samlogon cache.

Regards,
Łukasz