[Samba] getent passwd shows old name for renamed user

Łukasz Michalski lm at zork.pl
Thu Jul 18 20:13:22 UTC 2019

W dniu 2019-07-18 o 21:39, Łukasz Michalski via samba pisze:
> W dniu 2019-07-18 o 21:22, Rowland penny via samba pisze:
>> On 18/07/2019 20:20, Łukasz Michalski via samba wrote:
>>> W dniu 2019-07-18 o 18:46, Rowland penny via samba pisze:
>>> I changed uid, sAMAccountName, msFU30Name from 'foo' to 'bar' using 
>>> ADUC attribute editor. Now I have 'bar' instead of 'foo' in LDAP 
>>> attributes. I double checked that attribues changed witch ldbsearch 
>>> on Samba AD.
>>> But getent passwd still shows 'foo' on first machine.
>>> Regards,
>>> Łukasz
>> Try running 'net cache flush'
>> Rowland
> Still nothing. I also restarted samba on AD machine and winbind on 
> first machine (member)
> There was a pause when running getent passwd but 'foo' is still returned.
Ok, found it.

I did lsof on winbind and found 'foo' entry in 
/var/cache/samba/netsamlogon_cache.tdb with tdbtool.

Next I do:

net cache samlogon list
net cache samlogon delete <SID>

Now getent passwd returns new name.

The difference between two unix members was I connected to share o the 
first one (where the problem was) and did not connect on second node, so 
there was no old name in samlogon cache.


More information about the samba mailing list