[Samba] getent passwd shows old name for renamed user

Łukasz Michalski lm at zork.pl
Thu Jul 18 12:51:20 UTC 2019

Hi,

I renamed user 'foo' to 'bar' on my samba AD using an ADUC on a Windows2008 Server.

Now on a samba member I see:

# wbinfo -u
bar

# getent passwd
foo:*:10001:10000:Some user:/home/bar:/bin/sh

Home dir changed, but the a name is still old.
What can I do to make getent show the new name?

I am using winbind and ad backend, here is my smb.conf:

[global]
security = ADS
workgroup = SAMDOM
realm = SITE.SAMDOM.PL

bind interfaces only = yes
interfaces = lo eno2 vboxnet0

log file = /var/log/samba/%m.log
log level = 1

winbind enum users = yes
winbind enum groups = yes

winbind use default domain = yes

winbind refresh tickets = Yes
kerberos method = secrets and keytab

username map = /etc/samba/user.map

# Default ID mapping configuration for local BUILTIN accounts
# and groups on a domain member. The default (*) domain:
# - must not overlap with any domain ID mapping configuration!
# - must use a read-write-enabled back end, such as tdb.
idmap config * : backend = tdb
idmap config * : range = 3000-7999
# - You must set a DOMAIN backend configuration
# idmap config for the SAMDOM domain
idmap config SAMDOM:backend = ad
idmap config SAMDOM:schema_mode = rfc2307
idmap config SAMDOM:range = 10000-999999
idmap config SAMDOM:unix_nss_info = yes

vfs objects = acl_xattr
map acl inherit = yes
store dos attributes = yes