[Samba] Syncing sysvol -> samba-tool ntacl sysvolreset?

Rowland penny rpenny at samba.org
Wed Jul 17 16:57:49 UTC 2019

On 17/07/2019 17:43, Kris Lou via samba wrote:
> piggybacking on the "Syncing Sysvol" thread ...
>
> I had thought that the conventional wisdom was that ntacl sysvolreset
> should be mostly avoided once relative stability achieved and additional
> GPO's created.
>
> https://wiki.samba.org/index.php/Sysvolreset
>
> Has this changed recently?
>
> Kris Lou
> klou at themusiclink.net

Well, to my knowledge, the problem hasn't been fixed yet, but then
again, it might have been as a side affect of other fixes. There doesn't
seem to have been many 'sysvolreset doesn't work' reports recently,
whether this is because it has been fixed or because people just aren't
using it, I do not know ;-)

Rowland