[Samba] [SAMBA] Group mapping problem

Ábrahám Gyula abraham.gyula at hotmail.com
Wed Jul 17 15:57:13 UTC 2019

Dear Community,

I would like to make a group mapping between Unix and Windows groups. I have created a group called "Unix System Users" on Windows with Active Diectory User and Computers and I have also created a unix group called systemusers in Raspbian Buster.

When a try to execute net groupmap add ntgroup="Unix System Users" unixgroup=systemusers type=d command, the following error message comes:

No rid or sid specified, choosing a RID
Could not get new RID
Got RID 0
adding entry for group Unix System Users failed!

If I run net groupmap list command, just the prompt returns and nothing else. The Samba AD DC works well anyway.

My smb.conf is the following:

[global]
        dns forwarder = 192.168.155.1
        netbios name = RIPLEY
        realm = ICARUS.INTRANET
        workgroup = ICARUS
        idmap_ldb:use rfc2307 = yes
        ntlm auth = yes

[netlogon]
        path = /var/lib/samba/sysvol/icarus.intranet/scripts
        read only = No

[sysvol]
        path = /var/lib/samba/sysvol
        read only = No