[Samba] Samba 4.10.6 for rhel7/centos7 rpms

Andreas Schneider asn at samba.org
Tue Jul 16 15:09:55 UTC 2019

On Tuesday, July 16, 2019 12:35:07 PM CEST Nico Kadel-Garcia wrote:
> On Mon, Jul 15, 2019 at 2:07 AM Andreas Schneider via samba
>
> <samba at lists.samba.org> wrote:
> > On Monday, July 8, 2019 6:30:21 PM CEST Vincent S. Cojot via samba wrote:
> > > Hi everyone,
> > >
> > > I've posted some updated source and binary rpms following the release of
> > > updates by the samba project. Updated rpms include samba-4.10.6 and
> > > ldb-1.5.5.
> >
> > Do you know
> >
> > https://github.com/sergiomb2/SambaAD
> >
> > This uses GnuTLS and MIT Kerberos on CentOS7/RHEL7.
>
> I nabbed the compat-gnutls from there, along with the compat-nettle
> tools, to resolve dependencies on RHEL 7 for my buld tools. My work
> uses separate RPM building tools for libtalloc, libtevent, etc. rather
> than the internal libraries, for maximum upgrade bugfix and feature
> compatibility  for *other* Samba development tools on the system. I
> can understand why RHEL has not updated gnutls for compatibility with
> the latest Samba requirements,  on RHEL 7, that's built into a *lot*
> of system tools.

Samba 4.11 will require GnuTLS >= 3.2 (Samba FS) and GnuTLS >= 3.4.7 (Samba
AD).

Samba 4.10 is the last release with Python2 support, so for RHEL7 it is
probably a good idea to stay with that version.

RHEL 8 has python3 and up to date GnuTLS.

Andreas Schneider                      asn at samba.org
Samba Team                             www.samba.org
GPG-ID:     8DFF53E18F2ABC8D8F3C92237EE0FC4DCC014E3D