[Samba] Problem after upgrading to Debian 10

Alberto José García Fumero alberto at ettpartagas.co.cu
Fri Jul 12 19:23:59 UTC 2019

Excuse me if I bother you, but I badly need help.

Let me describe the situation. In my network there is a group of
Windows boxes in a Windows domain (THE_DOMAIN), three computers with
Debian 9.x not linked to the domain (in a workgroup named TECHNOLOGY,
and the parameter security=user) one of which I use, and other three
computers with Debian 7.x in another workgroup (and security=share, so
no problem accessing these).

When using Debian 9.x I was able to access (by way of Nautilus) the
shared resources in all boxes in the domain THE_DOMAIN identifying me
as the user administrator of the Samba 4 domain in the dialog window.
After upgrading to Debian 10, this is no longer possible.

What I am doing wrong? Is it necessary to join the domain, after this
upgrade?

This is what I have in /etc/samba/smbusers:

# Unix_name = SMB_name1 SMB_name2 ...
root = administrator, admin
nobody = guest, pcguest, smbguest

I include my smb.conf file:
************************
[global]

# workgroup = NT-Domain-Name or Workgroup-Name, eg: MIDEARTH
workgroup = TECHNOLOGY

# server string is the equivalent of the NT Description field
server string = Desarrollo

# Security mode. Defines in which mode Samba will operate. Possible
# values are share, user, server, domain and ads. Most people will want
# user level security. See the Samba-HOWTO-Collection for details.
security = user

# This option is important for security. It allows you to restrict
# connections to machines which are on your local network. The
# following example restricts access to two C class networks and
# the "loopback" interface. For more examples of the syntax see
# the smb.conf man page
;   hosts allow = 192.168.1. 192.168.2. 127.
hosts allow = 192.168.0. 127.

# If you want to automatically load your printer list rather
# than setting them up individually then you'll need this
load printers = yes

# This option tells cups that the data has already been rasterized
cups options = raw

username map = /etc/samba/smbusers
;guest account = smbguest

log file = /var/log/samba/%m.log

# Put a capping on the size of the log files (in Kb).
max log size = 50

local master = no

dns proxy = yes

[homes]
	comment = Home Directories
	browseable = no
	writeable = yes

[printers]
	comment = All Printers
	path = /usr/spool/samba
	browseable = yes
	public= yes
	guest ok =yes
# Set public = yes to allow user 'guest account' to print
;	guest ok = no
;	writeable = no
	printable = yes

[compartido]
comment = Lo que comparte Desarrollo
path = /Compartido
writeable = no
browseable = yes
guest ok = yes

--
M.Sc. Alberto García Fumero
Usuario Linux 97 138, registrado 10/12/1998