[Samba] Samba 4.10.6 for rhel7/centos7 rpms

vincent at cojot.name vincent at cojot.name
Fri Jul 12 14:00:34 UTC 2019

On Thu, 11 Jul 2019, Nico Kadel-Garcia wrote:

> I've been updating my build tools over at
> https://github.com/nkadel/samba4repo . I've tested builds on RHEL 8
> with those tools, and my RHEL 8 reposync tools at
> https://github.com/nkadel/nkadel-rsync-scripts
>
> Vincent, I've activated several submodules in that repo for RHEL 8
> compilation. But I'd like to resolve the distinctions between your
> setup, and mine, so we can save some work.

Hi Nico,

I'm not sure there's a way to reconcile our projects.

At the present time, I'm mostly focused on providing rhel7/python2 (native
to rhel7/centos7) rpms as a convenience for the community (for users who
don't have access to a build system).

In the future, when I start working on RHEL8 builds of samba, then I may
join forces with your project but I won't know until it's time to do so.

Vincent