[Samba] Question about old samba 3 domain controller

Edouard Guigné eguigne at pasteur-cayenne.fr
Thu Jul 11 12:32:10 UTC 2019

Hello,

I will change an old samba share in the next week.
This old share is configured on an old samba 3 domain controller.

I will "rsync ssh" all data from the old share to a new one (the new
Samba share server is configured as domain member against an windows AD).
After this operation, I do not want users to be able to connect to the
old share.

But I need to keep the access to the openldap service on the Samba 3
domain controller (for an other purpose, because a mail server is
configured against this ldap service for authentication).

I was wondering if it is possible to stop samba daemon
(/etc/init.d/samba stop) only for the file share ?
Will it stop also the old samba 3 domain controller function ? And the
access to the user authentication ?

Best Regards,

EdG