[Samba] Standalone server and POSIX ACL issue

Rowland penny rpenny at samba.org
Wed Jul 10 12:28:42 UTC 2019

On 10/07/2019 13:16, Yvan Masson via samba wrote:

> Le 10/07/2019 à 12:33, Rowland penny via samba a écrit :
>> On 10/07/2019 10:37, Yvan Masson via samba wrote:
>>>
>>> OK thanks. However I still want to clarify what is wrong with my
>>> original setup, where "Partage" directory is shared on a standalone
>>> Samba 4.9.5 server:
>>> /home/yvan/Partage/
>>> ├── Consultation/
>>> └── Echange/
>>
>> I repeat, set up two separate shares, this has come up before and
>> this is the fix.
>>
>> Rowland
>>
> Sorry I am not sure to understand: is it only an advice or is my
> configuration impossible? In the latter case, why wouldn't this be
> possible? (I believe it is possible using a Windows srver, at least when
> there is no guest user involved)
> Thanks,
> Yvan

I will say it slower then ;-)

this topic has been raised before.

Users do not get the expected permissions in a sub directory of a share

The 'fix' is to create two shares, one for the main directory and one
for the sub directory (though I would tend to move the sub directory to
its own directory).

The reason is inheritance I believe

Rowland