[Samba] GPO infrastructure? -> 4.8.x to 4.9.x

Stefan G. Weichinger lists at xunil.at
Tue Jul 9 18:00:04 UTC 2019

Am 02.07.19 um 16:24 schrieb Stefan G. Weichinger via samba:
> Am 02.07.19 um 16:09 schrieb Stefan G. Weichinger via samba:
>>
>> I get problems with group policies not applied ... seems an older
>> problem surfacing now.
>>
>> Before I debug at current level I consider upgrading the 2 DCs from
>> 4.8.12 (Debian Stretch) to 4.9.9
>>
>> Anything specific to consider here?
>
> couldn't wait: 4.9.9 now :-P
>
> -
>
> Still same issues. Somehow the clients don't find a DC somehow ...
>
> so it seems some DNS records are broken or so?
>
> I can connect the RSAT(?) directly to one DC, but it doesn't find one
> writable DC by itself. What to correct here?

brand new server win 2019

opening AD-users console (is that the term?)

it tells me (I translate):

"Domain xy could not be found because of ... : user or password wrong"

I mean, I am logged into the server with a AD-domain-admin. And it shows
objects at first, but for example the GPO-console brings access denied.

hmm

Would be nice to get rid of that within a week or so, big migration ahead.

-

2 samba 4.9.11 DCs ... replication looks good, dbcheck as well

Maybe I have to rejoin, I renamed the windows server after the join, and
there was now matching DNS record then.

And I see stuff like this:

/var/log/samba# tail -f log.samba
  ../source4/dsdb/dns/dns_update.c:353: Failed SPN update - with error
code 1
[2019/07/09 19:16:32.921798,  0]
../source4/dsdb/dns/dns_update.c:353(dnsupdate_spnupdate_done)
  ../source4/dsdb/dns/dns_update.c:353: Failed SPN update - with error
code 1

thanks for any help here