[Samba] Container setup - selftests not running?

L.P.H. van Belle belle at bazuin.nl
Tue Jul 9 06:35:33 UTC 2019

Hai,

I only see one step you missed.. ..

Thats not needed, my version is highest version.

> For reference, these are the instructions I am using (note
> that sudo is not
> required in container builds, and step 3 was optional - and
> didn´t change
> anything):
> apt-get update && apt-get -y install apt-transport-https gnupg wget
> net-tools
> wget -O -
> https://apt.van-belle.nl/louis-van-belle.gpg-key.asc | apt-key add
> -
> echo "deb http://apt.van-belle.nl/ubuntu  bionic-samba410 main contrib
> non-free"  | tee -a /etc/apt/sources.list.d/van-belle.list

apt-get update  ...

apt-get install -y samba winbind attr acl
And if you upgradeing samba, the use apt-get dist-upgrade
You need dist-upgrade because you getting a few extra packages.

Version check with:
apt-cache policy samba
Or once samba is installed.

smbd -V