[Samba] `samba-tool dbcheck --cross-ncs --fix` fails: governsID already exists as an attributeId or governsId

Sven Schwedas sven.schwedas at tao.at
Thu Jul 4 14:56:52 UTC 2019

On 04.07.19 15:54, Rowland penny via samba wrote:>> Still left are the
three governsId collisions, which are now identical
>> across all DCs:
>>
>>> Checking 3861 objects
>>> Error: governsID
>>> CN=ucsUser,CN=Schema,CN=Configuration,DC=ad,DC=tao,DC=at on
>>> 1.3.6.1.4.1.19414.3.2.2 already exists as an attributeId or governsId
>>> Error: governsID
>>> CN=taoSharedFolder,CN=Schema,CN=Configuration,DC=ad,DC=tao,DC=at on
>>> 1.3.6.1.4.1.19414.3.2.4 already exists as an attributeId or governsId
>>> Error: governsID
>>> CN=taoMailingList,CN=Schema,CN=Configuration,DC=ad,DC=tao,DC=at on
>>> 1.3.6.1.4.1.19414.3.2.3 already exists as an attributeId or governsId
>>> Checked 3861 objects (3 errors)
>> How do I fix those? Can I just edit the old, defunct classes and change
>> their governsId without breaking something?
>
> I do not know, mainly because I have never tried to do something like
> this on a production server.

Unsurprisingly, remote ldbedit fails with
LDAP_INSUFFICIENT_ACCESS_RIGHTS when trying to modify an object's
governsId.

Is it safe to just leave the defunct objects as they are, or should I
attempt to directly modify the ldb files on the FSMO role holder?

Sven Schwedas, Systemadministrator
✉ sven.schwedas at tao.at | ☎ +43 680 301 7167
TAO Digital   | Teil der TAO Beratungs- & Management GmbH
Lendplatz 45  | FN 213999f/Klagenfurt, FB-Gericht Villach
A8020 Graz    | https://www.tao-digital.at