[Samba] cannot set filesystem permissions on shares

L.P.H. van Belle belle at bazuin.nl
Thu Jul 4 14:50:43 UTC 2019

If it hits security i alway think about it. because im obligated todo so. ( due my job )

And .. well, that depends also, some might want to use "authenticated user" and not "domain users" and/or not Everyone for example.
I can't just say, "Everyone/FullControl" is fine, no, it really depends on what the standards of the user/company are.
Yes, its fine to start with, so you know what your doing and start learning the 2 acls. (share/security)

>  From what you saying, if you remove 'everyone' from the share tab, you must replace it with 'domain user', so why bother ?
No, what i did say to Pisch, was, remove "dom admins and dom user" and add everyone back.
Because i think that "older bug" is the problem here.
And thats simpley found by useing on the share Everyone/FULL Cont.

Greetz,

Louis