[Samba] `samba-tool dbcheck --cross-ncs --fix` fails: governsID already exists as an attributeId or governsId

Sven Schwedas sven.schwedas at tao.at
Thu Jul 4 13:45:02 UTC 2019

On 03.07.19 18:04, Rowland penny via samba wrote:
>>> I do not think you can remove anything from the schema, but I believe
>>> you can deactivate schema objects, try reading this:
>>>
>>> https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/previous-versions/windows/it-pro/windows-server-2003/cc773309(v=ws.10)
>>>
>> They already are disabled.
>
> Have you extended the schema to use 'taouser' ?

Yes.

> I ask this because (from what you posted) it uses the same X500 OID as
> 'ucsUser', another name for X500 OID is 'governsID', so this may be your
> problem, try deleting 'taouser' from your AD object (this is allowed)
> and see if your problem goes away.

That fixed the dbcheck crashes on the other three servers, they now
complete successfully.

Still left are the three governsId collisions, which are now identical
across all DCs:

> Checking 3861 objects
> Error: governsID CN=ucsUser,CN=Schema,CN=Configuration,DC=ad,DC=tao,DC=at on 1.3.6.1.4.1.19414.3.2.2 already exists as an attributeId or governsId
> Error: governsID CN=taoSharedFolder,CN=Schema,CN=Configuration,DC=ad,DC=tao,DC=at on 1.3.6.1.4.1.19414.3.2.4 already exists as an attributeId or governsId
> Error: governsID CN=taoMailingList,CN=Schema,CN=Configuration,DC=ad,DC=tao,DC=at on 1.3.6.1.4.1.19414.3.2.3 already exists as an attributeId or governsId
> Checked 3861 objects (3 errors)

How do I fix those? Can I just edit the old, defunct classes and change
their governsId without breaking something?

Sven Schwedas, Systemadministrator
✉ sven.schwedas at tao.at | ☎ +43 680 301 7167
TAO Digital   | Teil der TAO Beratungs- & Management GmbH
Lendplatz 45  | FN 213999f/Klagenfurt, FB-Gericht Villach
A8020 Graz    | https://www.tao-digital.at