[Samba] `samba-tool dbcheck --cross-ncs --fix` fails: governsID already exists as an attributeId or governsId

Sven Schwedas sven.schwedas at tao.at
Wed Jul 3 15:26:55 UTC 2019

On 03.07.19 17:19, Rowland penny via samba wrote:
>> All these object classes were tests we did… years ago, and which have
>> been "deleted" (I don't even remember by what mechanism) for almost as
>> long. No object should still be using any of these, and on graz-dc-sem
>> that's true.
> I would love to know how you deleted something from the schema, it is
> normally a bit 'Hotel California', you can add to the schema but never
> remove anything from the schema.

Hence "deleted", they're still around, just disabled. Which caused the
ID reuse problem in the first place.

>> There is, however, a new class called taoUser with the same X500 OID as
>> ucsUser that's only used in one domain account (mine, of course); on
>> graz-dc-sem the object correctly has the taoUser class assigned, on the
>> other servers it's still an ucsUser.
>
> That is probably your problem, you cannot have different names for what
> seems to be the same objectclass.

That's that, but I can't figure out what's supposed to reuse the other
two IDs.

>> All servers seem to replicate without errors according to samba-tool drs
>> showrepl.
>>
>> How do I get rid of these bogus Schema entries, and how do I fix the
>> user account?
>
> I do not think you can remove anything from the schema, but I believe
> you can deactivate schema objects, try reading this:
>
> https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/previous-versions/windows/it-pro/windows-server-2003/cc773309(v=ws.10)

They already are disabled.

Sven Schwedas, Systemadministrator
✉ sven.schwedas at tao.at | ☎ +43 680 301 7167
TAO Digital   | Teil der TAO Beratungs- & Management GmbH
Lendplatz 45  | FN 213999f/Klagenfurt, FB-Gericht Villach
A8020 Graz    | https://www.tao-digital.at