[Samba] cannot set filesystem permissions on shares

Rowland penny rpenny at samba.org
Wed Jul 3 07:06:59 UTC 2019

On 03/07/2019 07:51, Pisch Tamás via samba wrote:
>>> I log in az A\Administrator. I created an admin user, put in Domain
>>> Admins group, but the result was the same (ok, it would be strange, if
>>> it would work with it, instead of Administrator)
>> Then you need to ensure that 'Domain Admins' has the same privilege as
>> 'A\Administrator'
> Ok, I granted the following privileges to Administrator, (and to
> Domain Admins too) :
> net rpc rights list "Administrator" -UAdministrator
> Enter Administrator's password:
> SeDiskOperatorPrivilege
> SeMachineAccountPrivilege
> SeTakeOwnershipPrivilege
> SeBackupPrivilege
> SeRestorePrivilege
> SeRemoteShutdownPrivilege
> SePrintOperatorPrivilege
> SeAddUsersPrivilege
> SeSecurityPrivilege
> SeSystemtimePrivilege
> SeShutdownPrivilege
> SeDebugPrivilege
> SeSystemEnvironmentPrivilege
> SeSystemProfilePrivilege
> SeProfileSingleProcessPrivilege
> SeIncreaseBasePriorityPrivilege
> SeLoadDriverPrivilege
> SeCreatePagefilePrivilege
> SeIncreaseQuotaPrivilege
> SeChangeNotifyPrivilege
> SeUndockPrivilege
> SeManageVolumePrivilege
> SeImpersonatePrivilege
> SeCreateGlobalPrivilege
> SeEnableDelegationPrivilege
> But I still cannot change the permissions.

Is Apparmor running on the Samba computer ?

Is a firewall getting in the way ?

Is there anything in any of the logs, you may have to to turn up the log
level.

Can you go here: https://github.com/thctlo/samba4

Download this script: samba-collect-debug-info.sh

Run it your Samba server and post the output here.

Rowland