[Samba] Problem with libsmbclient notify

Jonathon Reinhart jonathon.reinhart at gmail.com
Wed Jul 3 03:24:55 UTC 2019

Hello,

I'm trying to use the "notify" API of libsmbclient, testing against a
Samba AD DC. The function is returning with errno=22 (mapped from
NT_STATUS_REVISION_MISMATCH), and I'm getting the following error
message:

    smb1cli_req_writev_submit: called for dialect[SMB3_11]
server[dc1.example.com]

It looks like libsmbclient is, for some reason, using SMB1 but needs
to be using SMB3_11.

Note that the following command (which, like my code, forces the use
of Kerberos) works just fine:

$ smbclient -kN //dc1.example.com/sysvol -c 'notify /'

See my proof-of-concept source code here:
https://gitlab.com/JonathonReinhart/libsmbclient-notify-test

Please let me know if I should proceed to open a bug.

Cheers,
Jonathon Reinhart