[Samba] [Announce] Samba 4.9.10 Available for Download

vincent at cojot.name vincent at cojot.name
Tue Jul 2 19:11:20 UTC 2019

On Wed, 3 Jul 2019, Andrew Bartlett via samba wrote:

> Yes, that is what has happened.  It will be in the samba 4.9 git tree,
> but because no version increment was done builds on systems that have
> ldb from the system will fail.

Ok, gotcha. Thanks.

> I did propose a way to strictly avoid this happening, by directly
> connecting the Samba and LDB version as the same number, but was unable
> to get consensus.
>
> A future Samba 4.9 and 4.10 release will need to bump the ldb version
> to fix this issue.

No problem but what ldb family should be the target? I've been building
samba 4.9.x using ldb-1.4.6 (system-wide install), will the new ldb
release be backported to 1.4.x or should I just update the builds to
consume something more recent?

> Sorry,

No worries, stuff like that happens in many huge OSS projects. :)

Vincent