[Samba] W10 workstations not connecting to Samba 4.10.5 member

Rowland penny rpenny at samba.org
Tue Jul 2 13:50:50 UTC 2019

On 02/07/2019 14:13, Robert Wooden via samba wrote:
> Last night I upgraded my AD domain controllers (Ubuntu18.04LTS) to Samba
> 4.10.5. These are a built from source install.
>
> This morning my Windows 10 workstations cannot connect to the member server
> (U18.04 and Samba 4.10.5) for find profiles and files needed.

This should only appear on an AD DC:

idmap_ldb:use rfc2307 = yes

This is the old way of doing things:

winbind nss info = rfc2307

By moving 'vfs objects = acl_xattr' to the profiles share, no other
share will use it.

This parameter has been removed:

profile acls = yes

If fixing these doesn't solve your problems, try checking the logs on
all machines involved.

Rowland