[Samba] Weird access problem to files

Rowland penny rpenny at samba.org
Tue Jul 2 11:02:19 UTC 2019

On 02/07/2019 11:27, Lorenzo Milesi wrote:
>> Can I suggest you keep upgrading, Samba 4.3.11 is EOL and I suppose the
>> version of Ubuntu you are running it on will be as well ;-)
> It's Ubuntu 16 LTS, so it's supported until 2021.
Well Ubuntu may be supported until 2021, but Samba 4.3.x went EOL just
over 2 years ago, the only support you will get is from Ubuntu and
probably will only be for security releases.

>> Probably because that is the old way of doing things ;-)
> I said that's the old installation, in the new one we remapped all the single user entries to the new ACL from RSAT. So we opened the shares on RSAT and added allowed users and group from the Security tab of the share/directory.
>
> It works, share access is enforced correctly, but for some shares we have this forbidden access I cannot explain with the printed ACL.

The latest Samba version is 4.10.6 and there have been numerous updates
since 4.3.11, but you shouldn't be having the problem you have, so lets
start be you posting your smb.conf

Rowland