[Samba] Need the ability to edit Samba SIDs.

Zombie Ryushu zombie_ryushu at yahoo.com
Tue Jul 2 09:31:43 UTC 2019

I have a Samba problem with eGroupware. Samba 4 is screwing with my

eGroupware UIDs causing Havoc. Samba 4 uses the last four Digits of the
SID rather than the UID Number. I need to know how to alter my user
entry SID so that the last four digits of the SID is congruent with the
UID Numbers of my users.

To fix this; I need the ability to edit the last digits of the SID. I've
tried shutting down the Samba server and using ldbmodify, but that isn't
working. The SiD is in some sort of strange Hash. pdbedit and samba-tool
gives me the error: ?? - samldb: objectSid must not be specified!

I'm, quickly approaching the need to re-provision my entire Domain,
because I Have already corrected this stuff in my older OpenLDAP system.
I'd have to re-run Classic Upgrade. I'd rather not lose all my progress.
Please help!