[Samba] preparing a 2nd DC

Stefan G. Weichinger lists at xunil.at
Wed Jan 30 10:23:25 UTC 2019

greetings, samba-users,

I am currently preparing to join a second Samba-DC to a Samba-based ADS.

DC1 is a debian-9.6 machine, running samba-4.8.8 from Louis' repos.

DC2 is basically identically set up (thank you, ansible) and I read and
followed (1) so far, except the actual join.

sysvol-rsync, kerberos ticket, modified smb.conf, resolv.conf ... done

I assume 4.8.8 will give me no surprises here?

Is there a "dry run" for the join to check if things would work?

I hesitate to join the DC2 during work hours ;-) from experience.

And I think it's better to ask you *before* I crash my network ;-)

thanks, Stefan

(1)
https://wiki.samba.org/index.php/Joining_a_Samba_DC_to_an_Existing_Active_Directory