[Samba] error witch rsat

Rowland Penny rpenny at samba.org
Wed Jan 30 08:34:59 UTC 2019

On Wed, 30 Jan 2019 08:00:21 +0100
Marco Pirola <mapirola81 at gmail.com> wrote:

> what information do you want to know? Among other things, I use google
> trnanslate as my English is basic

Lets start again ;-)

I run an AD domain similar to yours, just with Devuan instead of Debian
and I have no problems, so we need to compare you set up with mine,
hopefully this will show where the problem lies.

First, a brief view of my domain:

2 AD DC's
Various Unix workstations
Various Windows versions running in VM's

I can connect, using Computer Manger, from a Windows 10 VM to a Unix
domain member (using the 'rid' backend) and set Windows ACL's.

So, what do we need from you ?

What are your DC's ? How many, running Samba or Windows etc ?
Is there anything in the logs ?

What version of Windows are you using ?
Is there anything in the logs ?

You are connecting to a Unix domain member, Is there anything in the
logs on this machine ?

Please supply the following files from each Unix machine:

/etc/hostname
/etc/hosts
/etc/resolv.conf
/etc/krb5.conf
/etc/samba/smb.conf
/etc/nsswitch.conf

Please tell us if a firewall is running on each machine.
Please tell us if selinux or apparmor is installed on each machine,
also, if installed, is it enabled.

Please supply the output of the following commands from each Unix
machine:

hostname -s
hostname -d
hostname -f
hostname -i
hostname -I

What user are you using to try and change the ACL's, is the user a
member of Domains Admins ?

Rowland