[Samba] error witch rsat

Rowland Penny rpenny at samba.org
Tue Jan 29 13:12:21 UTC 2019

On Tue, 29 Jan 2019 13:34:43 +0100
Marco Pirola <mapirola81 at gmail.com> wrote:

> In allegated the files
>
> Il 29/01/2019 13:17, Rowland Penny ha scritto:
> > On Tue, 29 Jan 2019 13:01:06 +0100
> > Marco Pirola via samba <samba at lists.samba.org> wrote:
> >
> >> Witch your suggest the my problem persisted
> >>
> > Marco, Please either post the info I have asked for, or go away.
> >
> > There is something going on with your particular domain and without
> > the info, we cannot begin to sort your problem.
> >
> > We are more than willing to try and help you, but without the info,
> > we cannot. It will also probably help if you give us detailed
> > explanations of what error messages etc you get, rather than just
> > saying 'it doesn't work'
> >
> > Rowland Penny
> > Samba team member

For those on the list who didn't get the attachments:

/etc/hostname

dc

/etc/hosts

127.0.0.1	localhost
192.168.1.5	dc.robinood.tst	dc

::1     localhost ip6-localhost ip6-loopback
ff02::1 ip6-allnodes
ff02::2 ip6-allrouters

/etc/resolv.conf

search robinood.tst
nameserver 192.168.1.6

/etc/krb5.conf

[libdefaults]
	default_realm = ROBINOOD.TST
	dns_lookup_realm = false
	dns_lookup_kdc = true

/etc/nsswitch.conf

# /etc/nsswitch.conf
#
# Example configuration of GNU Name Service Switch functionality.
# If you have the `glibc-doc-reference' and `info' packages installed, try:
# `info libc "Name Service Switch"' for information about this file.

passwd:         files winbind
group:          files winbind
shadow:         compat
gshadow:        files

hosts:          files dns
networks:       files

protocols:      db files
services:       db files
ethers:         db files
rpc:            db files

netgroup:       nis

And the smb.conf he posted earlier:

[global]
security = ADS
workgroup = ROBINOOD
realm = ROBINOOD.TST
log file = /var/log/samba/%m.log
log level = 1
vfs objects = acl_xattr
map acl inherit = yes
store dos attributes = yes
idmap config * : backend = tdb
idmap config * : range = 3000-7999
idmap config ROBINOOD : backend = rid
idmap config ROBINOOD : range = 10000-999999
winbind use default domain = yes

[repository]
     path = /home/samba/
     read only = no

There is just one problem, everything except the smb.conf comes from a
DC and there is a possible problem with resolving.
the nameserver is '192.168.1.6', but the hosts ip is '192.168.1.5'

Any chance we can have the same info from the Unix domain member ?

Also put it into the post!

Rowland