[Samba] Samba 4.9.4 - high RAM usage - OOM killer

Tim Beale timbeale at catalyst.net.nz
Mon Jan 28 21:50:01 UTC 2019

Hi,

Actually, you could try starting samba with --model=prefork on 4.9.

Samba 4.9 doesn't properly support distributing the NETLOGON connections
amongst separate prefork worker processes. But using the prefork process
model on 4.9 will mean that there is a single rpc_server process to
handle all NETLOGON connections (instead of forking a separate process
for each connection, like it's doing currently). Having a single
rpc_server process should be sufficient to handle ~700 connections.

Best regards,
Tim