[Samba] Troubleshooting help?

Scott Z. sudz28 at hotmail.com
Mon Jan 28 17:19:03 UTC 2019

Thank you Rowland!  I guess that's part of my confusion, I'm not sure how to best debug where Centrify ends and Samba begins.  But if these log.smbd errors indicate Centrify vice Samba, I'm good with that.  My global smb.conf is (didn't bother with the commented out stuff):
[global]
security = ADS
realm = <our domain name>
workgroup = <our workgroup name>
netbios name = <the server name>
machine password timeout = 0
passdb backend = tdbsam:/var/lib/samba/private/passdb.tdb
kerberos method = secrets and keytab
server signing = auto
client ntlmv2 auth = yes
ntlm auth = yes
client use spnego = yes
template shell = /bin/bash
winbind use default domain = Yes
winbind enum users = No
winbind enum groups = No
winbind nested groups = Yes
idmap cache time = 0
idmap config * : backend = tdb
idmap config * : range = 1000 - 200000000
idmap config * : base_tdb = 0
enable core files = false
log level = 2
Scott