[Samba] Samba BIND9_DLZ autoupdate PTR

Rowland Penny rpenny at samba.org
Tue Jan 22 20:04:17 UTC 2019

On Tue, 22 Jan 2019 20:20:46 +0100
basti via samba <samba at lists.samba.org> wrote:

> @L.P.H.
> this config looks more simple than
> https://wiki.samba.org/index.php/Configure_DHCP_to_update_DNS_records_with_BIND9
>
> do you update via DHCP?
>
> @Rowland
> thanks for the link. I have try dns/dhcp updates after the change of
> auth-nxdomain yes;  does not show the result I want to see.

It works, that is all I can say.

> Sorry for this inconvenience.
> I will try it tomorrow.
> In the link you post a can read "don't forget to stop your windows
> clients trying to update their own records, ..."
>
> How is this done?

It has been sometime since I did this, but where you can set the
network interface to use a static ipaddress or dhcp, there is a box
that says 'update records in the domain' (or something like this), make
sure the box is unticked. I believe there is also a GPO to do this.

Rowland