[Samba] samba_dns_question

L.P.H. van Belle belle at bazuin.nl
Tue Jan 22 13:27:12 UTC 2019

Hai,

Then you are using a zone that is not in the default zone.
The problem occurs only when you bind-DLZ is trying to load a zone defined in the default.
Same for the empty-zones-enable

> > These to my cause your problem.
> > Might load zones that bind9_DLZ is trying to load also.
> >
> > Set to yes:
> > >      auth-nxdomain no;    # conform to RFC1035
> > The AD is the AUTHORITIVE Server.
> > For that  you need : auth-nxdomain yes;
>
> Sorry, but no you don't, well I don't
>
> rowland at Computer4:~$ nslookup
> > set querytype=soa
> > samdom.example.com
> Server:		192.168.0.6
> Address:	192.168.0.6#53
>
> samdom.example.com
> 	origin = dc4.samdom.example.com
> 	mail addr = hostmaster.samdom.example.com
> 	serial = 2533
> 	refresh = 900
> 	retry = 600
> 	expire = 86400
> 	minimum = 3600

Yes, lookups work fine, but ddns updates wont work now.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Name_server#Authoritative_name_server

Greetz,

Louis