[Samba] samba_dns_question

Rowland Penny rpenny at samba.org
Tue Jan 22 12:57:22 UTC 2019

On Tue, 22 Jan 2019 14:27:54 +0200
Hajdu Szabolcs via samba <samba at lists.samba.org> wrote:

> The AD is composed of an older servers Windows 2008 and a newer 2012
> the domain functional level is Windows Server 2008 all the reverse
> zones and DNS records existed in the AD the reverse zones where
> created on the AD way back when they were installed. Since then we
> manage it with the remote manager. I'm looking trough every config
> file but there is nothing that indicates these zones are created
> locally by me.
>
> Szabolcs

When you run 'samba-tool domain join', the DNS records are replicated
to the new DC, but it looks like something else is also trying to add
(at least) the reverse zone records.

How did you install Samba ?
What packages did you install ?
Did you follow a webpage ? If so, which ?

Can you post the contents of the following files:

/etc/hostname
/etc/hosts
/etc/resolv.conf
/etc/krb5.conf