[Samba] force re-authentication when accessing different shares

Harald Glanzer harald.glanzer at gmail.com
Mon Jan 21 14:24:53 UTC 2019

hello & thx for your fast response!

i need a way to create samba shares without creating system user accounts:

- add users via smbpasswd with unique password
- no need for a corresponding useraccount in /etc/passwd
- access to the corresponding shares should be independent from any domain
(i.e. the share should be accessable
via windows client)

to come around the useraccount-restriction (as samba is getting information
via getpwnam_r()) i think a nss module for database 'passwd' is necessary.
i am starting to think that my implementation of
_nss_<sourcename>_getpwnam_r() is wrong

nevertheless, if you can think of any other solution without the need of
interfacing with getpwnam - plz let me know!

thx
hari