[Samba] Domain user not found

marco pirola mapirola81 at gmail.com
Mon Jan 21 08:15:48 UTC 2019

witch chown root:"Domain Users"I get the same result: group not fonud

Il 20/01/2019 20:28, Rowland Penny via samba ha scritto:
On Sun, 20 Jan 2019 20:14:16 +0100
marco pirola via samba <samba at lists.samba.org> wrote:

> Hi all. I have this question: if put chown root:"Domain User" /patch/
> i optain error:group not found. This is my parametred.
If that isn't a typo, it should be 'chown root:"Domain Users"

> # Global parameters
> [global]
> security = ADS
> workgroup = ROBINOOD
> realm = ROBINOOD.TST
> dns forwarder = 192.168.1.6
You do not use the 'dns forwarder' line in a Unix domain member smb.conf

> log file = /var/log/samba/%m.log
> log level = 1
>
> # Default ID mapping configuration for local BUILTIN accounts
> # and groups on a domain member. The default (*) domain:
> # - must not overlap with any domain ID mapping configuration!
> # - must use a read-write-enabled back end, such as tdb.
> idmap config * : backend = tdb
> idmap config * : range = 3000-7999
> # - You must set a DOMAIN backend configuration
> # idmap config for the SAMDOM domain
> idmap config ROBINOOD : backend = rid
> idmap config ROBINOOD : range = 10000-999999

Why 'ROBINOOD' ?
If we are talking the guy with the bow & arrow. it should be
ROBINHOOD

Rowland