[Samba] Samba + BIND9 DLZ. DNS dosen't resolve FQDN, only short hostname

Rowland Penny rpenny at samba.org
Sun Jan 20 11:46:55 UTC 2019

On Sun, 20 Jan 2019 11:51:21 +0100
Peter Tuharsky via samba <samba at lists.samba.org> wrote:

> Rowland, thank You for advice.
>
> I can manage standard A records, but not sure, what to do with the
> NS. I can't figure out, how to delete invalid A subrecord of NS
> record.
>
> I'm afraid to experiment much. Please, could You point me to some
> working example?
>
> Peter

This should work, when run a DC:

samba-tool dns delete 127.0.0.1 samdom.example.com @ NS 'FQDN of DC to
remove'

Where:

'samdom.example.com' is the domain to remove the record from.
'@' is the SOA.
'NS' is the record type.
'FQDN of DC to remove' is the record data to remove i.e. something like:
   dc.samdom.example.com

As always, it is best to test first, it shouldn't damage anything, but
better safe than sorry ;-)

Rowland