[Samba] Winbind, cached logons and 'user persistency'...

L.P.H. van Belle belle at bazuin.nl
Fri Jan 18 10:37:59 UTC 2019

Maybe https://wiki.debian.org/LDAP/NSS  is a better solution for the mailserver.

But personaly, the mail server should have replied with a better NDR.
Like : 4.4.1 The recipient’s server is not responding, so something like that.

If it was my server, i would fix the mail setup not samba.
I just cant tell much about exim, i prefer postfix.

But this like might help, it shows a lot, maybe it helps reviewing the setup and add improvements.
https://bitlair.nl/Projects/Mailserver_with_Debian,_Exim,_spamassassin,_greylistd,_DKIM,_SRS,_SPF,_DMARC,_forwarding,_LDAP,_dovecot,_LMTP,_disk_crypto
I've about the same but in a postfix setup.

Greetz,

Louis